Jeremy Corbyn's message of support to Labour Business
About Labour Business
Labour Business, formerly the Labour Finance and Industry Group, was founded by Harold Wilson in 1972. Today, it is one of the 22 socialist societies affiliated to the Labour Party. As such, it is the oldest, largest and only business membership group affiliated to the Labour Party.
Labour Business is the bridge between the Labour Party and the business community. It is a voice for the Party within the business community, and a voice for the business community within the Party. Its mission is to bust the myth that the Tories are the party of business, and to establish Labour as the natural party of business by advocating a partnership between government, businesses and trade unions for a new and more sustainable kind of economic growth.
Our activities include business engagement, policy development, media outreach and member events. We work closely with the Labour Front Bench and Backbenchers in Parliament, with Labour City Mayors, with Labour Councillors and with Labour Party units nationally and regionally on business engagement and policy development. Our flagship initiative in 2017-18 is to secure the appointment of a Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) to work with the existing Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO) in every CLP across the country. We have a federal structure which allows members to participate in our work both nationally and regionally.
- We are keen to understand our members’ views on key issues that affect the country and the Labour Party. We present below the outcome of our fist survey focusing on Brexit. The first 3 questions will be re-occurring throughout the... >>
- The Library of the Reform Club in London was full to capacity on December 5th with 120 guests attending the 2017 Annual Dinner of Labour Business. (all videos courtesy of VideoBlog.com) Guests heard a rallying cry from Labour Business Chair... >>
- Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has thrown his weight behind an ambitious campaign to win over business support for Labour. In a video message to Labour Business members, he says Labour’s economic strategy is aimed at delivering a fairer, more prosperous... >>
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell, Shadow Business Secretary Rebecca Long-Bailey back the launch of Labour Business “Business Liaison Officer” initiativeLabour Business has won backing from the Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell and Shadow Business Secretary Rebecca Long-Bailey for a new initiative to be unveiled at Labour Party Conference in Brighton next week. It calls on each Constituency Labour Party to... >>
- Why businesses support Labour Now more than ever we need to bust the myth that the Conservatives are the Party of business. The truth is that the Conservatives are being exposed for presiding over a weak and wobbly economy, with... >>
- Written Evidence submitted by David Offenbach Vice-Chair, Labour Business (formerly Labour Finance and Industry Group) (Chair 2011 to 2015) in a personal capacity 25th October 2016 I write from my experience as a Solicitor acting for public, private... >>
- By Karen Landles Our economic trends since Brexit have been better than expected. Consumers are spending, seemingly fed up of austerity. So why then is the market holding back, showing such uncertainty? Since Brexit we have seen a falling pound,... >>
- Mutual Guarantee Societies Bill - Co-op and Labour principles in action to help small businesses By Philip Ross In a changing economy, with a rise in self-employment and small business how can we help people gain security and where possible... >>
- Working on the Kerslake Review of the Treasury Through Labour Business, I joined the Kerslake Treasury Review Team in April 2016, about seven months after the project started. I worked on the project part-time until struck down by a particularly... >>
- Labour Business was delighted to participate in a lunchtime briefing as part of John McDonnell’s first Regional Economic Conference on February 4th in Liverpool. Hamish Sandison, Chair of Labour Business, was joined by Executive Committee member Frederique Prevost and strategy... >>