As an affiliated society to the Labour Party, Labour Business, formally known as the Labour Finance and Industry Group is the prime network and policy forum for progressives working in or interested in finance, enterprise and industry in the UK. Whether you are a business or finance veteran or a student, recent graduate or aspiring entrepreneur, Labour Business would love to hear from you.
We are constantly drawing in policy and business innovators, employers and employees who do so much to create the wealth that sustains all parts of the United Kingdom.
Help us develop business policies that support Labour values.
- Written Evidence submitted by David Offenbach Vice-Chair, Labour Business (formerly Labour Finance and Industry Group) (Chair 2011 to 2015) in a personal capacity 25th October 2016 I write from my experience as a Solicitor acting for public, private …... >>
- By Karen Landles Our economic trends since Brexit have been better than expected. Consumers are spending, seemingly fed up of austerity. So why then is the market holding back, showing such uncertainty? Since Brexit we have seen a falling pound, …... >>
- Mutual Guarantee Societies Bill - Co-op and Labour principles in action to help small businesses By Philip Ross In a changing economy, with a rise in self-employment and small business how can we help people gain security and where possible …... >>
- Working on the Kerslake Review of the Treasury Through Labour Business, I joined the Kerslake Treasury Review Team in April 2016, about seven months after the project started. I worked on the project part-time until struck down by a particularly …... >>
- Labour Business was delighted to participate in a lunchtime briefing as part of John McDonnell’s first Regional Economic Conference on February 4th in Liverpool. Hamish Sandison, Chair of Labour Business, was joined by Executive Committee member Frederique Prevost and strategy …... >>
- Listen to all the speeches from our annual dinner, as well as short interviews made on that evening. https://vimeopro.com/memoirlane/labour-business-annual-dinner-2016 ... >>
- Last year we were very sad to record the death of Sir Sigmund (“Sigi”) Sternberg. Sigi was one of the original founders of Labour Business in 1972, and supported it throughout his life. We publish an appreciation of his life …... >>
- Key Points: John was the first speaker. His main points were as follows Last week in the Autumn Statement two basic facts were masked by the high numbers namely the hole of £120b in the budget caused not by Brexit …... >>
- Good evening everyone, it’s a pleasure to be here this evening. It’s been…shall we call it…an interesting time …to take on the role of Shadow Business Secretary. Unless you’ve just emerged from cryogenic suspended animation – which given the weather …... >>
- Hamish Sandison, chair of Labour Business – Full introduction to Labour Business Annual Dinner 2016. Welcome to our members, our guests, our Parliamentarians. In addition to our speakers,, we’re very pleased to be joined by a number of MPs Now… it’s …... >>