Jeremy Corbyn's message of support to Labour Business
About Labour Business
Labour Business, formerly the Labour Finance and Industry Group, was founded by Harold Wilson in 1972. Today, it is one of the 22 socialist societies affiliated to the Labour Party. As such, it is the oldest, largest and only business membership group affiliated to the Labour Party.
Labour Business is the bridge between the Labour Party and the business community. It is a voice for the Party within the business community, and a voice for the business community within the Party. Its mission is to bust the myth that the Tories are the party of business, and to establish Labour as the natural party of business by advocating a partnership between government, businesses and trade unions for a new and more sustainable kind of economic growth.
Our activities include business engagement, policy development, media outreach and member events. We work closely with the Labour Front Bench and Backbenchers in Parliament, with Labour City Mayors, with Labour Councillors and with Labour Party units nationally and regionally on business engagement and policy development. Our flagship initiative in 2017-18 is to secure the appointment of a Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) to work with the existing Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO) in every CLP across the country. We have a federal structure which allows members to participate in our work both nationally and regionally.
Press Release from Labour Business : Labour Business backs People’s Vote and calls for extension of Article 50For immediate release 14 September 2018 Labour Business backs People's Vote and calls for extension of Article 50 Pressure within the Labour Party to debate Brexit at this year's Annual Conference has been increased by Labour Business, the Party’s business... >>
- Approved unanimously by Labour Business Executive Committee12th September 2018 On 2 September 2018 EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier warned that 185,000 jobs in the British car industry are at risk from the Tory government's continued refusal to accept a... >>
- Our AGM will take place on June 13th, and I am pleased to announce that our guest speaker will be Rachel Reeves MP, a longstanding friend of Labour Business and currently Chair of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Select …... >>
- We are keen to understand our members’ views on key issues that affect the country and the Labour Party. We present below the outcome of our fist survey focusing on Brexit. The first 3 questions will be re-occurring throughout the... >>
- The Library of the Reform Club in London was full to capacity on December 5th with 120 guests attending the 2017 Annual Dinner of Labour Business. (all videos courtesy of VideoBlog.com) Guests heard a rallying cry from Labour Business Chair... >>
- Powered by Eventbrite Share this post: on Twitter on Facebook on Google+... >>
- DESCRIPTION Our flagship event for friends and supporters of Labour Business featuring leading Front Bench and business speakers. Chair: Hamish Sandison (Chair of Labour Business) Speakers: John McDonnell MP (Shadow Chancellor) Rebecca Long-Bailey (Shadow Business Secretary) Baroness Dianne Hayter (Shadow... >>
- DESCRIPTION New ways of working and new forms of business in the gig economy, the Taylor report, how to protect workers’ rights in a world of free-lancing and self-employment, etc Chair: Bill Esterson MP (Shadow Business & Enterprise Minister) Speakers:... >>
- DESCRIPTION The digital economy, including how to harness the power of tech to drive up innovation and productivity, the future of work in the face of robotics and AI, the skills agenda, access to talent post-Brexit, stimulating research & development,... >>
- Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has thrown his weight behind an ambitious campaign to win over business support for Labour. In a video message to Labour Business members, he says Labour’s economic strategy is aimed at delivering a fairer, more prosperous... >>