As an affiliated society to the Labour Party, Labour Business, formally known as the Labour Finance and Industry Group is the prime network and policy forum for progressives working in or interested in finance, enterprise and industry in the UK. Whether you are a business or finance veteran or a student, recent graduate or aspiring entrepreneur, Labour Business would love to hear from you.
We are constantly drawing in policy and business innovators, employers and employees who do so much to create the wealth that sustains all parts of the United Kingdom.
Help us develop business policies that support Labour values.
- Listen to all the speeches from our annual dinner, as well as short interviews made on that evening. https://vimeopro.com/memoirlane/labour-business-annual-dinner-2016 ... >>
- Last year we were very sad to record the death of Sir Sigmund (“Sigi”) Sternberg. Sigi was one of the original founders of Labour Business in 1972, and supported it throughout his life. We publish an appreciation of his life …... >>
- Key Points: John was the first speaker. His main points were as follows Last week in the Autumn Statement two basic facts were masked by the high numbers namely the hole of £120b in the budget caused not by Brexit …... >>
- Good evening everyone, it’s a pleasure to be here this evening. It’s been…shall we call it…an interesting time …to take on the role of Shadow Business Secretary. Unless you’ve just emerged from cryogenic suspended animation – which given the weather …... >>
- Hamish Sandison, chair of Labour Business – Full introduction to Labour Business Annual Dinner 2016. Welcome to our members, our guests, our Parliamentarians. In addition to our speakers,, we’re very pleased to be joined by a number of MPs Now… it’s …... >>
- You are warmly invited to the Annual Dinner of Labour Business, formerly the Labour Finance and Industry Group (LFIG), on Wednesday November 30th, from 7:00pm at The Villandry Restaurant, Great Portland Street. Our keynote speaker will be the Shadow Chancellor, …... >>
- I am pleased to report that Labour Business made its presence felt more strongly than ever at this year’s Labour Party Annual Conference in Liverpool, with two sold-out fringe events, a well-attended exhibition stand, and an active delegate representing us …... >>
- Labour Party Conference 2016 was perhaps the most significant conference for the party since 1985. The re-election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader by such large margin will set the party’s direction for years – perhaps decades – to come. But …... >>
- Labour Business wholeheartedly supports a recent statement tabled by the Society for Labour lawyers and agreed by the Socialist Societies condemning the shameful racist attacks that followed the European Referendum result. “The Society of Labour Lawyers condemns the racist and …... >>
- By Hamish Sandison, Chair, Labour Business Welcome to Labour Business, the new-look (former) Labour Finance and Industry Group (LFIG). As Chair of Labour Business, I wanted to share with you the thinking behind our new name, and our aims for …... >>